Arrest made in boy’s death

Barberton Police have arrested and charged Javen D. Foster in connection with the death of 15-year-old Christian Smith.

Foster, 19, of Canton, has been charged with reckless homicide, receiving stolen property and weapon under disability. He is in the Summit County Jail on a $100,000 cash bond.

According to police, at approximately 6:30 a.m., Aug. 9, Foster and Smith were at a 27th Street Northwest residence, playing with a stolen gun when Foster accidentally shot Smith. The gun had been stolen earlier in the morning from an unlocked vehicle on 28th Street Northwest.

1. Ha on August 22, 2018 at 6:29 am

I just wanted to say prayers to the deceased family. I was foster staff at the juvenile facility in which he was just released from. Foster was a great kid there he made his way to a level 4 unit!! I always seem potential in foster when it came to basketball I’m sooo shocked that foster would put hisself into the situation. I always told foster that basketball was going to be his big break and don’t let this juvenile record deter U from that. Family of Javen foster If u need anything i am here!!! Please tell foster hall says keep ur head up and don’t give up on your dreams u will get through this

2. Dsi on August 20, 2018 at 11:01 am

If what you stated that you told them to get the gun out of your home cuz you did not want it there you should have called the cops then and make report and had them come and get the gun as a responsible adult instead you set there and watch them with the gun in your home one would be alive and one would be charged with a loaded stolen fire arm you as a responsible adult that you say you are should be charged also

• Anonymous on August 21, 2018 at 3:29 am

As the cops said and everything else those to would have done them regardless I didn’t know the gun was stolen, but like I said I’m done arguing with you people I’ve lost two of the most important people I had in my life and y’all are just trying to turn it into one big mess, I talk to his mom everyday, I tell her everyday if I could go back and take his place I gladly would y’all don’t know the hell we have all been through get a life

• anon on August 21, 2018 at 10:50 am

charged with negligence for letting a minor play with a fire arm in her home

3. Anonymous on August 19, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Reading all the comments… conflicting stories to say the least. “bub stole the gun” “Javen stole the gun” “they stole the gun” “It’s a drug house” “I don’t do drugs” “young kids doing drugs” “bub shot himself” “Javen shot him by accident? “bub picked up the gun and it went off” “the parents are to blame” “the parents aren’t to blame” “Debra is a great mom” “Debra and Alex are great people” (running a drug flop house) “let’s all grieve together” “Javen is a great kid” “bub was a great kid” “boys will be boys” …yeah sure, they were roaming around the neighborhood late at night try in to steal shit for drug money, but they were great kids.

4. Jess on August 18, 2018 at 11:54 am

First of all if it was such a party house or a drug house why didn’t any of the neighbors ever call the cops? Secondly if you read the news reports it stated that the gun was stolen from an unlocked car. For people saying why was a 19 year old hanging out with a 15 year old ask his parents why they let them hangout and ask them where and what their 15 year child was doing and why. The 18 year old KIDS had friends over, who says they are not allowed to do that? That 18 year old girl and her family are suffering just like the two boys families are. The lives of all these KIDS and their families are/were effected that day. I don’t know why people have to assume or jump to conclusions. Instaed of all the ignorance and bashing how about you encourage these kids to go out and learn gun safety or do volunteer work or be kind to others. This world is full of hate and ugliness.

5. Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 8:54 pm

For everyone on here talking and don’t know anything about me or the situation you have no place to talk I’m done replying because if putting your hateful opinions out here makes you feel better go head I talk to bubs mom every day her opinion is the only one I care about, I begged her to be mad at us and everything but she knows it was a accident but let me make a few points clear we did everything we could for bub when he needed a place to sleep we were helping him get his life back on track, did they make a bad decision that night yes, did I do anything yes I told them to get it out my house but I was not touching it I don’t play with guns that’s how I was raised, so say what u guys want but you guys are not helping his mom friends or family let him Rest In Peace and let everyone else grieve in peace

6. Anna on August 15, 2018 at 4:02 pm

Debra and Alex house is nothing but a party house they dont care who comes in and out the only thing they are worried about is doing drugs. They both are in adult but they act like kids but they need to grow up because non of this would happen if they quit letting young kids party in there house. Fly High Bub .

• music to my ears on August 15, 2018 at 4:39 pm

Exactly!! Quit being friends with your kids.They are supposed to not like you much when they’re teenagers.

• Debra obrien on August 15, 2018 at 8:19 pm

My house was not a party house we are only 18! The only reason bub was at my house last night was because he said he was homeless so don’t try that, bub was not just a friend to me bub was family so before you guys run your mouth on me you should know the story bub stayed here that night because he said he was homeless, so try again and get your facts right, because we are doing everything we can us “bad” kids have done nothing but helped we threw the candle light for bub, helped set up for the dinner, we stayed up all night cooking for the dinner so before you speak on me maybe you should no me because that night was a living hell for me, I told them I didn’t want the gun in my house I told them to get it out my house I did everything I could to try to save bub so before you speak on me come say something to me

• Debra on August 15, 2018 at 8:25 pm

And drugs you can test me for every drug there is and I bet you I come clean I’ve worked for everything I got, been working since I was 15 don’t speak on a situation you know nothing about

• Ann on August 16, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Debra you house is a party house I have been there and seen what goes on there so I would shut your mouth way you are ahead .

• Anonymous on August 16, 2018 at 5:16 pm

You have been there but your hiding behind a fake name? Don’t try that one with me because if you have been here you would no I don’t let drugs into my house because I don’t mess with drugs lost to many people to drugs so try again

• Anonymous on August 17, 2018 at 3:21 pm

know* among many other spelling errors in both yours and the other guy’s comments.

• Anonymous on August 16, 2018 at 5:25 pm

And if you know me like you say u do or bub you would no it was a accident and bub wouldn’t want all this arguing between everyone bub was family and everyone keeps arguing and we just wanna let him Rest In Peace I don’t care about your opinion I know that that night he was over here because I thought I was helping a brother only opinion I care about is his mothers and I talk to her everyday so goodbye have a great life

• Anon on August 16, 2018 at 8:31 pm

I totally agree with u Ann , i havent been in her house but i can tell u when i picked my friend up from there , the amount of marijuana smoke that came out of the apartment is unreal! I’m not here to argue cuz it won’t help bring bub back but stop telling lies to make urself look good!

• Anonymous on August 16, 2018 at 9:27 pm

Who doesn’t smoke weed nowasdays you can’t blame her for that but you can’t say she does drugs just because of weed, you all are sitting here speaking on a situation nobody knows anything about everyone else is mad but from what I’ve seen on her Facebook she generally cares and is in just as much pain and I also see cristans mom speaks to her and is not mad at her so how does that give any of you the right it was a accident why don’t you guys leave everyone alone and let everyone else grieve in peace and let bub rest

• Anonymous on August 16, 2018 at 9:39 pm

All that I got to say is yes I’ve made mistakes yes I’ve had people at my house so what who doesn’t but none of you know what happened period, the cops know what happen and so does bubs mom and that is the only women I care about at this point yes this was a big eye opener I lost someone I called my brother my family you guys can hate all you want but I loved bub and my life is all for bub now so goodbye

• anon on August 17, 2018 at 7:04 am

lol there are a lot of people who don’t smoke weed now a days, im not bashing her in any way, I knew bub personally, he was a good kid but when he was around certain people he did stuff he shouldn’t of been doing, im not bashing anyone at all but I think this woman is putting on a front for everyone and im definitely entitled to my own opinion, im not going to go into a big ole paragraph about it, hes gone and hes not coming back, but it stuff would of played out different that night, he would still be here!

• Anonymous on August 19, 2018 at 7:00 pm

She is putting on an act. Ask her to show you the video she made just 2 days after the death of bub. Yeah, she’s really broke up about it. And yes, it’s a drug house.

• Anonymous on August 20, 2018 at 6:43 am

No it’s really not and what video bc I haven’t made any video try again

• anon on August 17, 2018 at 7:07 am

I didn’t say she does drugs, read it again, I said there was drugs at her house with underage kids in there, what u allow is what will continue

• SHEILA ARNOLD on August 16, 2018 at 1:02 pm

I pray for strength and understanding for everyone involved here.
        I especially pray for those negative replies.
        PEACE BE STILL PERSON
        GOD HAS SPOKEN
        LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING IS NEEDED AT THIS TIME
        NONE OF YOU HAD THE POWER TO CONTROL THIS SITUATION…..GOD HAS THE LAST SAY
        PEACE BE STILL.

7. Me on August 15, 2018 at 3:53 pm

Wow it dont matter what happen a young mans life was taken..an as for bad parenting deff not she is a damn good mom…an teens these days dont care an dont listen an guess what the damn system dont care about young lives..i know this all to well.so befor you all bash the mother look at your own damn parent skills js.
    Fly high christian

• Harry on August 15, 2018 at 5:28 pm

Alex and Debra are not Buns parents. They are 2 20somerhings that let these kids party at their house.

• Debra on August 15, 2018 at 8:35 pm

We are not 20 something we are 18 and we don’t party and shit he was here that night because he said he was homeless

• Anonymous on August 19, 2018 at 7:02 pm

A flop house where the only admission was dope.

8. Alex Sipos on August 15, 2018 at 11:41 am

Fly High Bub😇💯#BUBSWORLD🌎❤️🙏 and free Javen til it’s baccwards 🔐🔓…I don’t see how anyone other than family on both sides can speak on this situation because no one other than 4 people were in the house when it happened and me being one of them and watching all of you guys throw blame around when there is no one to blame based on the sole fact that this whole situation was a accident…shit like this that happens shouldn’t be put on front street for everyone to be adding their two cents when the families are still grieving. It isn’t fair that bub lost his life in a accident but I hate feeling like everyone is looking at me every time I walk out my front door because it happened at my house. Only me, Debra , and Javen should (besides the families) be able to speak on this because It has affected us directly. Everyone else’s opinions are irrelevant as fucc an all y’all that speak on this as if someone is to blame can go to hell!

• dumbing down of america on August 15, 2018 at 11:48 am

Slap yourself Alex.You deserve it!!Please!!Thank you!!!

• hold on on August 15, 2018 at 12:29 pm

so you were out stealing and breaking into cars also. u should go to jail

• Debra obrien on August 15, 2018 at 8:20 pm

No he was not dumb ass

• Demijoe on August 15, 2018 at 12:55 pm

It appears that there is someone to blame, whoever stole the gun and this Javen dude. Guns don’t go off by themselves.

• Anonymous on August 17, 2018 at 3:26 pm

if every ones opinion is so irrelivent then why do you guys keep commenting? like the more you reply the more people are going to keep talking shit on the matter.

• Anonymous on August 19, 2018 at 7:07 pm

“Only me, Debra , and Javen should (besides the families) be able to speak on this…” Really? Maybe if you were the only people living on a deserted island. NEWS FLASH, you live in a neighborhood, not a cubical. Your actions affect everyone in the community..

9. Concerned parent on August 15, 2018 at 10:16 am

I think everyone is losing sight of what is important here. One kid has lost his life and the others life is being put into the hands of a jury. My heart breaks for both sets of parents in the scenario. Yes accidents happen, but why the hell are a 15 and 19 year old hanging out together playing with a gun? The only people that know the truth about this situation is the kid that died and the one being blamed. We don’t know all the facts and probably never will. What we need to do right now is come together as a community and support these families so they don’t feel so alone in their time of need. Let’s all love one another, lift one another up and not beat them down. Get it together people, we’re all adults and it’s time to start acting like it. My prayers go out to both families. ❤️

• bleeding heart on August 15, 2018 at 10:42 am

How do we progress from what is important here?Pretend it didn’t happen?Pretend we all love one another?Logical people have had enough.RIP Kid.

• Demijoe on August 15, 2018 at 12:58 pm

You did read that the gun was stolen right? If Javen didn’t steal the then someone in that house did? It doesn’t sound like a very nice place if that’s the case.

• ANON on August 15, 2018 at 1:15 pm

ITS NOT A VERY NICE PLACE, THESE PEOPLE ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 AND ALLOWED THESE KIDS TO “HANG OUT” AND DO WHAT EVER THEY WANTED TO DO THERE. KIDS AS YOUNG AS THE AGE OF 13, SO IF THAT TELLS YOU ANYTHING!!

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 8:23 pm

There’s never been anyone 13 at my house

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 8:22 pm

Bub was the one that took the gun

• Wow on August 17, 2018 at 2:08 pm

Javon stole the gun from a mans car who had a carry concealed and lived on 28th Street

• Sara on August 16, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Thank you for this. I can’t stand seeing everyone attacking everyone. What’s done is done. Sending love to ALL involved. And especially Ann.

• Anonymous on August 16, 2018 at 9:30 pm

No there is no reason to fight everyone needs to come together and and praise bub the talk trash on people it was a accident plain and simple

10. Christians grandmother...... on August 15, 2018 at 9:20 am

As i am reading everyones comments on a situation that caused the unfortunate death my grandson Christian…who was not only a15 year old child…that lost his life and never will beable to grow up to become an adult …unlike Javen who is an adult that should of never been in what some want to call it hanging out …etc….

• Meghan on August 15, 2018 at 10:03 am

Why are we all sitting here pointing fingers and blaming parents? You guys do not know both parents well enough to judge, a mothers love for her child is stronger than ever and I doubt that either of them were such bad parents to this extent. We’re teenagers, me make mistakes. Things happen that we can’t explain. Yes, lives are now gone but there’s nothing we can do to change that now. Let the families greave!! Fly high Bub!

• Another grandparent on August 15, 2018 at 10:55 am

I’m so sorry for your loss!! One mistake has changed everyone’s life that’s involved and their friends and families. I think people lose sight that a child has lost their life at the hands of another. Most times parents don’t always know what’s going on. Teens sneak around it’s what they do. From one grandma to another I’m so so sorry for your loss!!

• Me on August 15, 2018 at 11:24 am

Javen looked out for bub, bub called Javen his big brother, Javen kept bub from doing drugs and making the wrong decisions, he kept bub off of van st the best he could, bub was bub and he is gonna do what he wants, he wanted to go through cars to get money , they found a gun probably thought they could sell it that’s why they kept it, they thought they emptied it bub went to go and take it and it fired it was nobody’s fault not bubs not Javen it was a accident every way around

• dumbing down of america on August 15, 2018 at 11:46 am

Accidental thievery

11. T johnson on August 15, 2018 at 9:05 am

Why is all these anonymous comments on here is it because it’s a black and white crime and that you are a racist who probably hang with black people and don’t want them to know who you are???Gods see everything and you will be exposed!! It was an accident this young man don’t deserve a murder charge. A crime was committed and a life was taken but for people to say burn him and throw the book at him. STOP!! it’s so sad how the world has changed!! The future don’t look to good!! sending prayers to both families for healing and comfort

• dumbing down of america on August 15, 2018 at 9:12 am

Knew it was only a matter of time for T Johnson to throw out the race card! Disgusting!!! You sure it wasn’t Trumps fault? Nope just sheer stupidity!!

12. Michelle on August 15, 2018 at 8:00 am

This is a horrible tragedy that is causing two families to be ripped apart. I see a lot of comments on here pointing fingers and throwing out things that are believed to be “facts” and ARE NOT even remotely close to being true. At the end of the day the news can only publish what they’re told and GOD is absolutely the only one that can judge ANYONE at the end of the day. While everyone wants to sit here and bash Javon for being friends with Christian because of their ages…. or where was the parents… remember. These are still teenage babies. Why not bash the rappers for producing these lyrics glamourozibg a life full of drugs and hustling and gun and robbing??? We as adults, parents, citizens, and just humans look extremely bad with all this bashing rather than taking these extremely unfortunate ACCIDENT and using it to educate these children. We need to show our children the dangers out here and try to fix the problems within society rather than continue to add to them. Something this tragic and horrible sound bring us together!!! This is beyond heartbreaking all around.

• vanilla ice on August 15, 2018 at 8:31 am

Blame the rappers ?????????? I blamed evil kenevil for my kid wrecking on his bike while riding with no hands.

• Michelle on August 15, 2018 at 8:38 am

All I’m saying is everyone wants to blame someone… just stop. This is horrible. All the way around 100% regardless how the situation will be viewed it’s absolutely horrible and heartbreaking.

• gangsta,gangsta on August 15, 2018 at 9:13 am

Vanilla is a colon pilot!!!

• dumbing down of america on August 15, 2018 at 9:08 am

What will be learned from this? Not a damn thing! How to throw up them gang signs for a photo op? Now that’s disgusting!! One thing is for sure.It is all of Barberton’s business what happens in their city.Don’t like that? Well then get to steppin!!!

13. ant banks on August 15, 2018 at 6:46 am

great parenting

14. Brittany on August 15, 2018 at 5:27 am

Straight sickening! Did any of you read, or think about what the hell you was writing here!? A boy lost his life, another lost his life to the system and you guys are going to bash eachother and be “god almighty” get a grip!! All of you should be ashamed of yourself! Two families are mourning & it’s “who can bash whose family, mother, father, etc” Typical society – quick to point fingers instead of deal with “the hand that’s dealt”. Prayers to the families involved.

• Kristina on August 15, 2018 at 6:53 am

Amen! Its sad all the way around. Im pretty sure he didnt mean to shoot him. They are teenagers. They make bad choices all the time. But everyone on here acts like they made perfect choices as a teenager.

15. concerned on August 14, 2018 at 11:30 pm

its all on how parents raise there kids .

• N.R.A. on August 15, 2018 at 2:19 am

Exactly why gun safety should be taught by parents and in schools!!

• How would you know on August 15, 2018 at 4:52 am

He comes from a well respected family

• Sam on August 15, 2018 at 9:30 am

I heard nothing but bad things about the family so i dont know where you got that from

• Donna on August 15, 2018 at 8:10 pm

Thats so not true

• Chris W on August 16, 2018 at 8:35 pm

What family did you hear nothing but bad about?

• dumbing down of america on August 15, 2018 at 5:34 am

Parents are failing their children all across this country.You live what you learn.

• Diana on August 15, 2018 at 10:48 am

So tired of hearing it’s all on how they was raised. On the parents. Tragedy happens in the best of families. This world has become so curupt . That’s what I blame. The kids now a days are going to make their own choices no matter how they was raised. Unfortunately parents have to work so hard and much time to support their families now a days that there just isn’t time to be a true family like the old days. Sorry for both families!!!

• bleeding heart on August 15, 2018 at 11:18 am

It’s your story tell it how you want

• dumbing down of america on August 15, 2018 at 11:37 am

It’s the world’s fault!!! Slap your parents for me Diana.Please!Thank you!!

16. His aunty on August 14, 2018 at 11:20 pm

My nephew was trying to keep him from committing suicide and the gun went off.

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 12:38 am

I find it hard to believe Bub was trying to commit suicide. There was more than 1 friend at the house.And when someone wants to commit suicide, they want to do it alone.The gun was stolen from a parked car from what the report said.Do I think it was an accident, yes.The gun shouldn’t of been there.The problem these days kids don’t have guidance from parents anymore.I think the friends were playing with the gun and one of their friends accidentally got shot.The only ones that know the truth is the friends.Kids anymore don’t hangout like they use to.And parents aren’t parents like they should be.At 6:30a.m kids should be sleeping not out playing with guns.Now 2 lives are over.

• Me on August 15, 2018 at 7:28 am

He was not trying to commit suicide he was laughing and having a great time with friends it happened within 10 min that the gun was pulled out he died surrounded by friends knowing we where there nobody here is to blame

• go to bed on August 15, 2018 at 9:53 am

at 6:30 AM? Just got back from stealing stuff in the neighborhood.

• Kristina on August 15, 2018 at 6:58 am

I am so sorry these people are so ignorant. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and nephew. I cant imagine the trauma he is going through.

• dumbing down of america on August 15, 2018 at 11:39 am

Slap your momma Kristina.She deserves it!!Please!!Thank you!!

• Sam on August 15, 2018 at 9:33 am

thats some bs. people committing suicide via gun either do it alone, or in a mass shooting senario. they were playing with a gun, someone died, parents are to blame /end rant

• In the know. on August 15, 2018 at 5:39 pm

Don’t you dare tell that lie.bud was never going to kill himself. Tell the truth about the situation. Why is a 19 yr old hanging out with a 15 yr old.

• Chris W on August 16, 2018 at 8:37 pm

Who was trying to commit suicide?

17. Fry Him on August 14, 2018 at 9:56 pm

Of course now the courts will bounce this case around for the next two years before anything is done.

• His aunty on August 14, 2018 at 11:22 pm

It was an accident

• Fry Him on August 15, 2018 at 7:11 am

Was stealing the gun an accident too? Hmmmmm…..

• Anonymous on August 16, 2018 at 6:55 am

Bub was the one that stole the gun

18. Isaiah Hopkins on August 14, 2018 at 9:54 pm

Free my homie javen we all missed you at the funeral #bubsworld

• dumbing down of america on August 15, 2018 at 11:41 am

Slap your momma Isaiah.She deserves it!! Please!!Thank you!!

19. You are all pathetic on August 14, 2018 at 7:02 pm

You all are pathetic….maybe if everyone minded their own god damn business the world would be a much happier and safer world. Worry about you and your kids or dogs losers. If you wasn’t there you shouldn’t have any right to even comment on this..GET A LIFE OR KILL YOURSELF.

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 8:09 pm

Well “pathetic” one …maybe if people in the neighborhood had NOT “minded they own business” and called the police on that circus/flop house when they saw all the stupid shit going on there, maybe one kid would be alive. “maybe if everyone minded their own god damn business” …what a dumbass thing to say. BTW, were you there? Why are you commenting on this? “GET A LIFE OR KILL YOURSELF” …priceless. 🙁

20. So disgusted on August 14, 2018 at 6:46 pm

What is sad, is everyone is so quick to talk negative.. it’s a sad situation all the way around.. A great young man that had much potential lost his life, while the other young man has to live with what happened… They were friends (or family as Christian would say) It is a very sad situation and my heart and prayers go out to both families and all their friends… remember accidents do happen so don’t be so quick to judge

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 6:56 pm

Oh boy, a great kid… just crashing with his buddy… didn’t know a thing…”accidents do happen” uh huh.

• Debj1951 on August 14, 2018 at 9:10 pm

As I am sure it was an accident that the stolen gun got into his hands. SMH

• His aunty on August 14, 2018 at 11:25 pm

It was even the kids mother and family was there he was trying to kill his self and javon true to take it from him and the kid turned the gun his way and pressed the trigger.

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 12:21 am

Great story auntie…

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 6:33 am

Bullshit

• Fry Him on August 15, 2018 at 7:56 am

RIIIIGHT! If anyone believes that then I have swamp land in Arizona to sell you.

• Anon on August 15, 2018 at 8:02 am

He was NOT trying to kill himself. End of story. This is my cousin !

• In the know. on August 15, 2018 at 5:46 pm

Why are you spouting these lies. His family was not there. Your a losing B×*ch.

21. Sandra Fisher on August 14, 2018 at 5:51 pm

I dont know what’s wrong with people’s heart. It’s a sad day when people are so hard hearted.

• Horsey sauce on August 15, 2018 at 8:36 am

hoof hearted

22. Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 5:48 pm

After I graduated, two of my classmates died in “comprising situations”. There was not much parental guidance in any of the families. Things never change. They think they are invincible. So sad.

23. Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 4:58 pm

All of Christian Smith’s friends are so broken up about this tragedy that they thought a group photo in the funeral home parking lot would be a great tribute to the deceased. It was more like just another party. Losers!!!

• Me on August 14, 2018 at 5:00 pm

That’s why he’s mom was ok with it right that’s what bub would have wanted stfu

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 5:09 pm

Great mom… probably the center of attention. Did “bub” tell you that’s what he wanted?

• So disgusted on August 14, 2018 at 6:48 pm

Must remember they are all kids and grieving doing the best they can to deal with this horrible situation

• Alexys on August 14, 2018 at 11:56 pm

And all yall people that are hiding can come out because yall all scary

24. Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 4:55 pm

Apparently, the renters are now giving tours of the crime scene, just walk on over from the funeral home.

• Me on August 14, 2018 at 5:03 pm

Man dude stfu it’s how they want to feel closer to him stfu

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 5:12 pm

Oh OK “dude” sorry… carry on with your party down mode.

• Me on August 14, 2018 at 5:05 pm

And man if u got something to say stop being a bitch and hiding

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 7:20 pm

“And man if u got something to say stop being a bitch and hiding” …said “Me” …is that your birth name?

• His aunty on August 14, 2018 at 11:28 pm

That was my nephew best friend . The young man was suicidal, he was trying to stop him

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 12:24 am

@aunty… we heard your story once already. I doesn’t sound any more convincing the second time.

• Legal Begal on August 15, 2018 at 8:03 pm

You may think your helping your nephew. As an officer of the court I can assure you that you are doing more harm then good. The three witnesses have already stated that it was was not a case of suicide. What you are doing is helping the prosecution. If you are under some mistaken impression that the detectives, the coroner and the District Attorney don’t know exactly what happen in that apt. How why and when. You are sadly mistaken.

25. Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 4:54 pm

Well geee, the neighborhood crime started when he moved in… “great guy” though. pfft!!!

26. Fatty on August 14, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Wow my cousin man (Javen) he just got out smh he was doing so good he had his own car and his own apartment I really don’t know what going through his mind smh ☹️☹️ He was changing

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 4:52 pm

He didn’t “have his own apartment, he was illegally renting off the residence.

• His aunty on August 14, 2018 at 11:45 pm

Since you know so much what made it illegal,

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 12:25 am

Section 8

• Julie on August 15, 2018 at 11:41 am

Prayer going up for both families, Christian is gone and Javen life is over as well over poor choices the boys themselves made. It has nothing to do with race or suicide, it was two young ppl playing with a weapon and one was shot and sadly passed away. Both lives are over, the families of both boys lives are forever changed. These families need prayer not putdowns.

27. Wonderer on August 14, 2018 at 3:33 pm

What kind of disability is he under, I wonder?

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 3:46 pm

Dont take that out of context. That is because hes a convicted felon. That is the charge criminals get when they aren’t suppose to be around guns.

• Raquel on August 14, 2018 at 3:54 pm

It’s weapons under disabilities
      There are many reasons why he has that charge you can look it up if you want more info
      But one of the most common reasons for weapons under disabilities is they he had a felony drug charges. I don’t know his past charges but it could be one of many reasons

• His aunty on August 14, 2018 at 11:31 pm

Javen do not have a felony its because he just got off of probation .

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 1:02 am

He was on probation?Wow,some people never learn the first time.Hes cool in his friends eyes,and a good kid from others.Wheres his parents at?Guidance is the problem.

• Julie on August 15, 2018 at 11:45 am

Auntie,no needed to comment on the ignorance of people, no need to defend Javen, God has his back.

Prayers for Christian and his family

• In the know. on August 15, 2018 at 5:53 pm

Another lie.

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 4:34 pm

Weapons Under Disability means he has been arrested for a felony and he is no longer allowed to have guns

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 12:26 am

being stupid

28. Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 3:17 pm

Free my man javen it wasn’t his fault yeah the stolen stuff but the gun he didn’t know about it he didn’t know what it was and how it worked this isn’t right these cops tripping

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 3:29 pm

That’s why he’s only getting “involuntarily manslaughter” instead of “murder 1” probably.

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 6:59 pm

“Free my man javen” …you have the right to remain silent…

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 8:01 pm

Bullshit

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 1:06 am

Really cops are tripping?He shouldn’t of stolen the gun.IT WASN’T HIS.Now someone is gone.

• trip wire on August 15, 2018 at 8:39 am

“these cops tripping” you should be locked up….

29. Karla Hazel on August 14, 2018 at 3:12 pm

How sad for both of these families. Both lives are over. Prayers for the families and friends
    of both of these young men.But am glad an arrest has been made.

• His aunty on August 14, 2018 at 11:32 pm

It was an accident trying to keep him from committing suicide and the gun went off

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 1:11 am

Keep telling yourself that.

30. Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Umm they where both playing with the gun and how do you know the other boy isn’t the one who stole it… Two wrongs don’t make a right and two live are over now smfh

• JRP on August 14, 2018 at 3:06 pm

^Agreed

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 3:25 pm

Because they got them both on camera. They dont arrest people on a whim or hunch. The charge has been upgraded to homicide. First degree murder. He knowingly had a stolen gun and someone died in the process. Accident or not that’s murder.

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 3:31 pm

Not necessarily, this dude will be out in 3 years.

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 1:14 am

Yea with his matality, he will be out in 3 yrs and breaking the law.

31. Sue Cox on August 14, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Is he the boy who stole the gun? He doesn’t look to happy right now.

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 5:02 pm

The stolen gun? That was a team effort. The victim wasn’t so innocent.

32. Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 2:31 pm

There goes two young lives!

• Tonya on August 14, 2018 at 3:47 pm

I pray for their familys two young men so sad good bless their mothers

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 5:04 pm

“good bless their mothers” …are you kidding? It isn’t like either mother did a very good job raising their boys..

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Your miserable ! Just negative . We all know this a tragedy ‘ but we damn sure don’t need ya negativitiy right now . Puss pop

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 7:01 pm

…a tragedy for the neighborhood.

• Isaiah Hopkins on August 14, 2018 at 9:57 pm

They were both fantastic mothers who raised to great boys who where the closets friend’s

• His aunty on August 14, 2018 at 11:34 pm

• No on August 15, 2018 at 2:19 am

He was not suicidal

• ant banks on August 15, 2018 at 6:46 am

great parenting

• Anonymous on August 15, 2018 at 12:29 am

Boy Scouts, honor roll, the whole 9 yards, these boys are roll models. :O

• Kristina on August 15, 2018 at 7:07 am

How do you know? U know both families? Both mothers? I really hope so because u sure are guick to judge “God”

33. hot on August 14, 2018 at 2:26 pm

Play with fire – u get burnt

• DJ on August 14, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Obviously you should never play with guns, nor should you steal. But why would anyone leave a gun in a car, especially if it isn’t locked. SMH!

• Sue Cox on August 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm

At 19, they don’t consider the consequences.

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 3:57 pm

At 19 you know better, your not playing with a gun! You know if you pull the trigger it goes bang @

• Anonymous on August 14, 2018 at 5:06 pm

Who said the car wasn’t locked?

• 2 hot on August 14, 2018 at 2:41 pm