Kmart suspects arrested **Update**

UPDATED – Three Akron juveniles were arrested Sept. 13 in connection with the robbery at gunpoint of the Barberton Kmart. The vehicle used by the suspects in the Sept. 9 robbery was impounded.

According to police, two of the juveniles were employees of Kmart.

The juveniles, whose names were not released, were turned over to the Summit County Juvenile Detention Center.

Early postings – Barberton Police are looking for three males involved in the robbery of Kmart at about 11:45 a.m. According to police, two males entered the store dressed in hoodies and wearing masks. One male jumped the service counter, grabbed money from the registers and put the cash in a duffle bag. The second male had a small pistol. Both ran out of the store and jumped into a blue SUV driven by a third male which drove off in an unknown direction.

For the news you need, pick up the Herald on newsstands now.

1. Reaper on September 13, 2018 at 4:33 pm

If I still worked there they wouldn’t have got away. But no I got fired in 2002 for stopping someone from stealing $3000 in jewelry. Of course I did put them through there car doors window

2. Todd on September 10, 2018 at 11:33 am

Sorry we needed change for our registers.

• disgusted american on September 10, 2018 at 3:41 pm

Right? Big bucks!!!

3. Shocker on September 10, 2018 at 4:58 am

I thought this place was closed years ago?

4. JPB on September 10, 2018 at 4:39 am

They are slowly closing all of Kmart’s stores. This just puts them higher on the list. Where are people going to go. Rolling Acres is long gone.

5. Baracuda on September 9, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Hope they catch these scum bags. Sick of crime around the area.

• disgusted american on September 10, 2018 at 1:11 am

BT-900’s

6. Anonymous on September 9, 2018 at 8:31 pm

Wow

• disgusted american on September 10, 2018 at 1:33 am

Busted trying to flee to crackron?

7. So sorry on September 9, 2018 at 7:54 pm

Terrible

8. Margie on September 9, 2018 at 5:59 pm

This is so sad. This store is so clean and nice. Employees very friendly and helpful. It is a shame that a few rotten apples ruin for everyone else. This is what our world is coming to. SHAMEFUL! Get a job and work for your money, not rob and steal from others!

• kidding yourself on September 13, 2018 at 11:42 am

More like an abundance.a few is stretching the truth.

9. Margie on September 9, 2018 at 5:50 pm

So sad, this is such a nice, clean store. Employees so friendly and helpful. A shame that some rotten,rotten apples spoil for everyone else. This is what our world is coming to!

10. Me on September 9, 2018 at 5:07 pm

BOL

• Anonymous on September 9, 2018 at 7:42 pm

What are you laughing at?? Do you find something funny about a pregnant woman being held at gun point and scared funny!!!Your a piece of shit!!!

• disgusted american on September 10, 2018 at 1:15 am

Apparently the piece of shit does.Probably friends of the BT-900’s.I’d bet it’s an inside job too.

• N.R.A. on September 11, 2018 at 4:14 am

Sounds like a concealed carry permit would of been very handy.

• Anonymous on September 14, 2018 at 4:33 pm

It’s called “Be On Lookout.” Usual lingo is “BOLO” but as I’m sure you’re a millennial I can see how you automatically assumed they meant “LOL.”

11. Anonymous on September 9, 2018 at 4:17 pm

There is a security system! Cameras, audio, loss prevention. There was also a cashier who could’ve got seriously hurt. Have some respect.

• N.R.A. on September 11, 2018 at 8:21 am

Thats why none of my family will shop in idiotic gun free zones!!

12. paul on September 9, 2018 at 3:56 pm

we need a law banding MASK on these people that rob,steal,protest. see them lock them up. I’m sure there was no cashier there. if there was then that’s down right amazing I tell you.

• Anonymous on September 9, 2018 at 7:46 pm

If you think they are underworked then go get a job ass hole they held a gun to a pregnant woman’s belly and you are making jokes your just an idiot

• disgusted american on September 10, 2018 at 1:22 am

Meat cleaver to the wrists would be more appropriate

13. Cathy Smith on September 9, 2018 at 3:36 pm

Kmart should get a camera system Even if it’s from Samd Club! I got robbed IN the store 15 or so years ago…they did not have a camera system then and still don’t. I was at the back end of the jewelry counter. I was purchasing items for my Alaskan trip and found my wallet missing along with $600!

If KMart wants to stay in business here they must hire a security guard or get some kind of camera system that targets the doors!!!! I like the Sams Club idea of showing receipts!!!! I recently walked out of the store with a sweeper that they did not ring up. Didn’t realize it due to difficulties at the register until I got home. I went back the very next day and talked to Customer Service and the Store Manager and insisted on paying for the sweeper. I am an honest supporter of KMsrt….I love shopping there due to its location. To cheat KMart is also cheating yourself on many levels. It’s a privilege to have this Bsrberton KMart…please respect it!!!!

14. Travis brown on September 9, 2018 at 3:09 pm

I wonder what would happen if they took away the no conceal carry signs in stores?

• disgusted american on September 10, 2018 at 1:23 am

It’s a shame their blood isn’t being hosed into the gutter where it belongs

• b on September 10, 2018 at 9:22 am

no concealed signs…does that stop you? bc it sure as shit dont stop me

• Billbo on September 10, 2018 at 10:51 pm

Nothing ya hillbilly

• lord of the brown rings on September 13, 2018 at 11:26 am

Not true.you just might of got a good look at your cousints brain from outside the skull.dindu

15. k on September 9, 2018 at 2:53 pm

no cameras or a solid description? sure Barberton, we will find them easily!

16. Richard. Miller on September 9, 2018 at 2:41 pm

The police are going to hold back some information, so they don’t help the criminals get totally away.

17. cathy johnson on September 9, 2018 at 1:36 pm

it shows what this world has come to

18. LMBO on September 9, 2018 at 1:09 pm

LMAO this should be on Dummest Thieves TV Show! What did they get away with? A pack of gum, boiled hot dog, and a few candy bars?? Not like there is much revenue rolling through this failing business.

• LMBO LOVER on September 9, 2018 at 1:15 pm

I suppose if you actually spent the time and read said post, you would have found out what they got away with. But being an illiterate was more important.

• Stacy on September 9, 2018 at 2:31 pm

I agree read the article and there’s more that happened there was a pregnant girl they hurt in the hospital that’s not in the article I’m just saying that article will have a lot more to it than boiled damn hot dog so flipping ignorant!

• anonymous on September 10, 2018 at 12:51 pm

The pregnant girl is related to my family. She is out of the hospital. Pray they catch these scum bags.

• MDW on September 11, 2018 at 4:12 pm

I hope she is alright–this girl has a lot of family members who care about her! Hope the Law finds these Scum Bags and hope the charges are enhanced since the victim was pregnant.

• disgusted american on September 10, 2018 at 1:46 am

Use some common sense.Pretty sure he’s saying what they got away with was equivalent to some petty shit.gdamn is America getting DUMB!

• disgusted american on September 9, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Reopen the gallows!!

• J on September 10, 2018 at 11:37 am

Yeah, sure, ignore the Supreme Court and bring back an inhumane and unconstitutional form of capital punishment. That’ll make our republic soooo much healthier. Why don’t we bring back trepanation for headaches, too? I mean there’s no science that backs it as an effective tool, but since that’s not a requirement for you we’re all good.

• disgusted american on September 10, 2018 at 3:39 pm

Guillotine or stoning preferably.

• disgusted american on September 10, 2018 at 3:53 pm

“I mean there’s no science to back it as an effective tool”? Pretty simple science actually. Drop the the blade watch the head roll.Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

• JTDD on September 9, 2018 at 5:46 pm

Your a freaking idiot!!!!

• disgusted american on September 10, 2018 at 1:07 am

You’re a lazy azz piece of trash JTDD.I’d have you pissing your pants.

• JTDD on September 13, 2018 at 5:13 pm

I”m sure you would you stupid hillbilly.

• your cousint? on September 14, 2018 at 6:40 am