Barberton Schools gain in state report cards

Barberton schools report making big gains on Ohio Department of Education tests including double digit improvements in nine areas and being above state average in five.

“It’s all about momentum,” said Superintendent Jeff Ramnytz in a statement. “We have started to institute a lot of changes over the past couple of years, and it is exciting to see that they are working.”

Ramnytz stressed the improvements are the result of a lot of hard work by teachers and administrators to make a difference in the lives of students and the community.”

“State tests are important to the state, but they don’t always measure how we can impact a student in a positive way,” Ramnytz said in a statement. “We want to meet each student where they are at, and help them achieve so when they walk across our Barberton stage at graduation they are ready to be enrolled in college, employed in a great career, and or enlisted in the military.”

For more on this story and the news you need, pick up the next Herald.

1. MrRick on September 19, 2018 at 12:31 pm

Very few schools in the area did better than a C. We have to face that the hundred year old school model doesnt work unless we can get family life back to what it was in the 40s and 50s. Where kids had two parents, one at home all the time. Where kids didnt rely on school for their breakfadt and lunch and a bakpack of food sent home for the weekend. Where kids weren’t so worried about their safety and stability so they could comcentrate on learning. The schools cant take care of everything and still educate kids no matter how much money they get.

2. Anonymous on September 18, 2018 at 4:32 pm

To all the teachers, Thank You! To the school staff , Thank You! Thank you for putting up with some of these disfunctional inconsiderate dipshit children. Kids today are rude and need beat. To the people complaining about the school report card, why don’t you volunteer and help? Stop sitting behind your computer and jerking off to Fortnite. Children’s education goes beyond the school. The parents are just as much to blame.

• What? on September 18, 2018 at 5:57 pm

If the parents are as much to blame as the teachers maybe we should thank them too! How about a “you’re welcome” from the homeowners who deserve more than a D with bragging rights! LOL!

• edbassmaster on September 19, 2018 at 6:06 pm

No one ever is to blame.great song!! But it’s horseshit!!

• What? on September 20, 2018 at 2:56 pm

I made a ignorant comment on here a few days back under the name “what?”
      Karma has a way of finding me, so I’ll get to the point . My wife’s birthday is today and when I got off work I went to Dairy Queen for her surprise cake around 3:00pm or so. I didn’t realize how disrespectful and undisciplined some of these School kids are. Man I couldn’t hardly tolerate them long enough for the man to write on the cake! I can’t imagine trying to teach them! I am truly sorry for speaking on something I obviously knew nothing about. After this episode my hats off to teachers and staff and again I’m sorry!

• Anonymous on September 20, 2018 at 4:37 pm

To the person known as what. See. That is what I mean. If we acted like that our parents would have beat our butts. That’s why I said parents are to blame and teaching goes beyond school. Sure we all want Barberton to have an A.

3. Anonymous on September 18, 2018 at 5:40 am

🖕

• microcephalus on September 18, 2018 at 2:38 pm

That’s all the bigger it is? Wow no wonder!!

4. JPB on September 15, 2018 at 11:14 pm

If you think Barberton is so bad why are you reading and paying for the Barberton Herald? We need more constructive criticism than just worthless complaints.

• edbassmaster on September 16, 2018 at 12:55 pm

You tell her sir!! She needs to worry about her own town!! I’m sure it’s a stellar shithole!!

• Nothing magic about that city on September 18, 2018 at 5:19 am

No, try again. Unfortunately we receive the Barberton Herald at work, where everyone laughs at all of the stupidity running rampant throughout your city. Brothers and sisters mating makes for headline after headline! Methheads and crackheads uniting to play Pokemon Go almost brought a tear to the eye though.

• delusional liberal on September 18, 2018 at 5:40 am

Good one dindu.Where you live in ne Ohio that’s so great? Akron?? LMFAO

• Nothing magic about that city on September 18, 2018 at 2:37 pm

My ex is from Barberton and he killed himself to get away from me.Now me and my girlfriend raise my son to be a girl.things are great!! I used to get tag teamed in Akron but that’s about it.

• edbassmaster on September 18, 2018 at 2:42 pm

We used to play tag teams too.I was Bulk Hogan!!

• whats is name get at ya on September 19, 2018 at 2:41 pm

D’s nutzzz

5. Nothing magic about that city on September 15, 2018 at 9:50 pm

These comments are cracking me up! Barberton is a garbage city. A “D” on their report card is stellar…has anyone ever met the dunces walking around that God forsaken town? Pathetic.

• lazy Akron on September 16, 2018 at 7:48 am

Ever stroll through crackron.hard at work there.Drugs Inc.are the largest employer.Akron is a filthy liberal shithole.

• edbassmaster on September 16, 2018 at 1:05 pm

I got a cousin Ron who smokes crack.He never works.maybe he should put in an application at that place.geez some people.

• Anonymous on September 18, 2018 at 4:36 pm

Yes I have met some of them, your mom in fact. I also gave her the D!

6. there are no more codes only who's shit and who's still free on September 15, 2018 at 5:46 am

Should have left the elementary and middle schools separate from one another.lump them all together for easier indoctrination.I mean learning.got u where I want u

• edbassmaster on September 16, 2018 at 1:21 pm

My code name is hognutz.keep that on the downlow though.thanks sir.

7. JPB on September 15, 2018 at 12:19 am

According to yesterday’s Akron Beacon Journal, Barberton got D for overall grade, D for achievement, F for progess, C for gap closing?, C for graduation, C for improving at risk (k-3 readers), and F for prepared for success! I would be afraid for my future. This is depressing!

8. Anon on September 14, 2018 at 7:30 pm

Not so sure a “D” is something to be proud of. I think what stands out even more is the “F” for “Prepared for success”.

• EdAnonymous on September 16, 2018 at 9:02 am

I was being Sarcastic.

• edbassmaster on September 16, 2018 at 1:14 pm

I was being fa-sea-shells.We should hang out sometimes we’re alot alike.

9. EdAnonymous on September 14, 2018 at 4:54 pm

WOW a D is really something to be proud of. D is For Disastrous. Teachers should be very proud also.

• edbassmaster on September 16, 2018 at 1:16 pm

Not what my mom said.oh nevermind

10. Anonymous on September 14, 2018 at 4:34 pm

Right on big gains!

11. Big gains on September 14, 2018 at 2:44 pm

If they are bragging on double digits gains, what was it before? A double digits F? Back in the day a D on a report card was the longest walk home, I don’t think my dad would be celebrating a D! Hey did anybody else try to get their interim reports out of the mail before our parents got them, because a D meant no sports, grounded to study, and a warmed up behind! A least we didn’t get a F or worse again this time on the brighter side I guess….. we

• edbassmaster on September 16, 2018 at 1:18 pm

I like double D’s.they’re nice!

12. Anonymous on September 14, 2018 at 2:30 pm

Wow a D I’m so glad the teachers are doing such s good job. Unbelievable. Wouldn’t you think the teachers would maybe get together
    And see what they could do to get back to teaching the kids and fixing the problem.
    Instead of showing up for a paycheck.

13. D on September 14, 2018 at 1:28 pm

D

• edbassmaster on September 16, 2018 at 1:19 pm

So do you!! Smart choice sir.

14. Anonymous on September 14, 2018 at 11:05 am

Why are you not posting a grade?
    We want to know