Juveniles charged in East Side thefts

Two boys, 15 and 16, were caught breaking into cars in the area of East Cassell Avenue about 11:59 p.m., Jan. 9, according to Barberton Police.
The 15 -year-old was charged with F-4 carrying concealed weapon, F-5 theft and F-5 receiving stolen property. The 16-year-old was charged with F-5 theft, M-1 theft and M-1 obstructing official business.
The 15-year-old was in possession of a hand gun stolen from one of the previous thefts from cars.
A man’s dog woke him and he then saw two people running on Seventh Street Northeast. He called the police and officers were able to follow footprints in the snow.

1. Ann on January 14, 2019 at 10:17 pm

They just break into cars to see what they can sale for drugs . I got my car broken in to they stole my purse my mom my blue tooth speaker and medicine and much more. These kidsneed to be Taken off the street. It is not fun to have your stuff Taking.

2. Tmm on January 12, 2019 at 9:44 pm

Thank you to our officers for getting these criminals from our streets and keeping our streets safe!

3. Anonymous on January 11, 2019 at 9:08 am

They will get slapped on the wrist and sent home to continue committing crimes, the juvenile system is broken. Being broke or going through hard times is no excuse to violate someone else. Barberton is going to be just like Kenmore in a few more years. Hurt people hurt people. Get these boys some therapy, love on them and teach them about Jesus!

4. Tom Jr on January 11, 2019 at 8:50 am

Give them 10 years in prison. They are no longer of any use to our society.

5. VOTE 4 SOYARS on January 11, 2019 at 8:09 am

YEP – AND DIDNT NEED NO CAMERAS. EAST SIDE STREET SMARTS!

• Anonymous on January 11, 2019 at 1:12 pm

I guess “EAST SIDE STREET SMARTS!” means elementary school level grammar.

• huh on January 11, 2019 at 1:53 pm

Your story! Stay away from the East Side, DUMMIES…

• HERO on January 15, 2019 at 8:15 am

Thanks to Mike Soyars. We can all sleep better at night.

6. Melissa on January 10, 2019 at 8:16 pm

I would really like my cell phone and headphones that were stolen out of my car back. Damn punks

• call the cops on January 11, 2019 at 8:19 am

Contact the police dept.

7. Get On It on January 10, 2019 at 8:02 pm

THROW THE BOOK AT THEM !!!

8. Mitch on January 10, 2019 at 7:14 pm

Sure would be nice to get back what was taken from me

9. Toxicnut on January 10, 2019 at 3:51 pm

Awesome job by cops.

• Anonymous on January 10, 2019 at 8:12 pm

Literally nothing gives anyone the right to steal from someone else.

10. Ross on January 10, 2019 at 3:40 pm

I had 4 felony breaking and entering charges one night in barberton when I was 14 years old. It took a while and a friend telling because he got caught eventually. I told my parents what I did and they took me straight to barberton police department. I had 3 years of probation and I was looking at some serious stufd. I didn’t have a gun on me but I kicked doors in. I didn’t steal anything but I knew what I was doing was wrong. These kids need the book thrown at them. Do them the same favor I had done for me. Community service. 300 hours I believe. Get them on probation with a parol officer so far up their butts they won’t dart without the p.o knowing. That was the first and last trouble I ever got in. They are kids, playing thugs. This is the time they can still be reached. Don’t hold back now, give them whatvthey earned. Teach them the lesson now before it’s too late. It helped me, I believe it can help others.

• Anonames on January 11, 2019 at 12:19 am

You told on yourself you bloody idiot

• Jack on January 11, 2019 at 10:56 am

Lmao

• Stealing is illegal no matter the reason on January 11, 2019 at 4:36 am

That is what they need. But some off these kids are in and out of lock up already. And don’t care. They keep doing it. On special occasions put the parent/s on watch cause some of them are junkies, and are the ones sending them out to do it. Don’t take non of the blame off those kids, but look at the parents too.

• Kush on January 11, 2019 at 8:42 am

They are on probation, and they did go to juvy

• POS on January 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Just got out of juvy not too long ago. Not from Barberton .

11. Brenda on January 10, 2019 at 3:31 pm

Yeah!!! Thank you Barberton police and Michael Soyars!!!

12. Disgusted on January 10, 2019 at 3:30 pm

Nothing but punks who need the book thrown at them. They will grow up to be bigger thugs if they are not thrown in jail now. At their age this is not normal behavior. Obviously something went wrong somewhere. I say it all starts at home. Sickening. For everyone’s safety I hope they go to jail for a long time.

• Public Hanging on January 11, 2019 at 7:26 am

I think we should make an example of them and bring them down to Lake Anna, chop off their fingers, throw them in the lake for the carp to eat, and then hang them high for all to see. These punks are GUILTY!

• . on January 14, 2019 at 8:35 am

But charge people to see the hanging.

13. POS punks on January 10, 2019 at 2:55 pm

slap on wrist

14. Mark on January 10, 2019 at 2:51 pm

I believe that both boys should receive 14 years sentence each. Then deported to Mexico

15. Kay on January 10, 2019 at 2:43 pm

Wow, fifteen years old and you just threw your entire life away. I’d truthfully hate to be their parents.

• Anonymous on January 10, 2019 at 4:55 pm

You act like you know them or something stfu you dont know what people go through

• Crakron on January 10, 2019 at 7:35 pm

U shut up doochbag. I bet they are from crakron or crackland.

• john on January 10, 2019 at 11:46 pm

so if people go thru bad times its ok to break into cars and steal from people??????????????????????

• POS punks on January 11, 2019 at 6:17 am

Nope, under 18 . slap on wrist. prolly out doing the same thing tonight. thanks to mike sawyers tho. He is always there for the people of Barberton.

• Kush on January 11, 2019 at 8:45 am

You don’t even know them or what there going through. They might not have enough money to buy things that they need/want

• POS on January 11, 2019 at 1:58 pm