Mayor Bill Judge along with seven mayors and other state and local officials met in Barberton with Governor Mike DeWine in a closed-door session to help resolve the Summit County flooding problems.
They are working together to find a solution to the repetitive flooding in our area.
Watch the Herald website for further updates and read more in the July 18 edition.
Those in attendance today include…
* Mayor William B. Judge, City of Barberton
* Mayor Mike Zita, City of Norton
* Mayor Al Knack, Village of Clinton
* Mayor Paul Adamson, City of New Franklin
* Trustee Helen Humphrys, Copley Township
* Trustee Robert Saffian, Coventry Township
* Summit County Councilwoman Bethany McKenney, District 7 – Summit County Council (Norton, Barberton, New Franklin, Clinton)
* Thomas Smoot, Senior Administrator, Emergency Management Agency
Division of Public Safety
* Mayor Kathy Catazaro-Perry, City of Massillon
* Mayor Joe Schultz, City of Canal Fulton
* State Representative Bill Roemer (38th District)
* State Representative Tavia Galonski (35th District)
* State Senator Vernon Sykes (28th District)
* Mike Cunnington, Policy Advisor, Congressman Anthony Gonzales (16th)
Governor DeWine Staff
* Ohio EPA Director Laurie Stevenson
* Ohio DSA Director Lydia Mihalik
* Ohio EMA Regional Supervisor Bob Zehentbauer
* ODOT Deputy District Director Gery Noirot