Vandals destroy West Elementary sign and property

The Barberton Elementary West front sign was vandalized this morning, Jan. 10, between 2-3 a.m.  The unknown vandals tore off the fronts of the sign, leaving the wires exposed. They also opened and poured out several bags of the school’s road salt and ripped the flowers out of a student garden, leaving it in shambles.  The school has turned all relevant surveillance footage and photos over to Barberton Police and an investigation is underway. More information will be posted as it becomes available.

The front sign of Barberton Elementary School West was ripped apart by unknown vandals early this morning. An investigation is underway.

1. chesnut rice and school? on January 14, 2020 at 10:21 am

Dont have these kinda issues in the aloha state? 😂

2. RODNEY DANGERFIELD on January 14, 2020 at 10:14 am

Same attitudes for sure. Should make them sing the anthem for a game or two. Bring the parents along. One giant booooooo fest! Might be good for ticket sales!

3. Punishment Well Deserved on January 13, 2020 at 9:06 pm

Judge should make them appear before the entire school during an assembly to not only humiliate themselves but to also deter anymore acts of this sort by any other wanna be thugs!!!!!

4. Patty on January 13, 2020 at 8:48 pm

Three punks charged are all listed as Barberton residents!!! Barberton Municipal court records list two living on Wilbur Ave., the other lives on Orchard Ct. Considering it happened after 2 a.m., on a weekday, it had to be only any unemployed low lifes that didn’t have to be a work that morning. More brilliant that NONE of them even thought to hide their identity! I will be following the. court process.

5. Gre on January 13, 2020 at 4:09 am

If it is kids and I say “If”. We don’t require them to respect the flag or the anthem. How do we ask them to respect a sign or anything else? Just a thought.

6. retsamssabde on January 12, 2020 at 11:34 am

I’ll meet you!! I’m at Lake Anner now!!! Red hat and boots only. Me and my boy Timmy. 🐿 . We’ll slap “you” ass!! 😂

7. Patricia A Carpenter on January 12, 2020 at 10:26 am

This is sad I would have got in trouble if my friend did this and I still sat with them things have changed it’s not a black or white thing its kids who don’t have any mororals or maybe arnt watched who knows these days could be adults mad at the school or something we take pride in our city I think we dog in each other to much when I went to school the only thing I did was throw a lobster out the window to set it free and I got in trouble for that I dint like lobster so I wasn’t gonna cook it my parents were called and I was embarrass one day we will know who did make them pay for it let them do a book report about vandalism and read it to the school or something if it’s an adult they can pay and do weekend jail time till its paid

8. Ex barberton on January 12, 2020 at 9:44 am

It was probably the same kids that takes knees while the anthem is being played! No respect for anything!

9. retsamssabde on January 12, 2020 at 8:59 am

If they’re school aged kids I’d say they didnt show that day for school. Show us the video!!

10. Coach on January 11, 2020 at 11:01 pm

I’m ignorant? Three times to spell white? Go check in with your parole officer dummy.

11. Hououin Kyouma on January 11, 2020 at 3:22 pm

See I just can’t relate, I can’t relate.

12. MOVE TO IRAN on January 11, 2020 at 10:26 am

cut it out instigator. 🤣

13. Smn on January 11, 2020 at 9:23 am

Oh please post pictures ASAP, that makes me so mad 😡 unbelievable what are youth are doing today, no
    morals whatsoever

14. Anonymous on January 11, 2020 at 7:39 am

Well I mean after someone calls them Barberton trash and someone comments back in that sayin I’ll beat ur ass and show u Barberton trash well lmao ya wonder who did it lol dumass

15. David Littlejohn on January 11, 2020 at 6:24 am

This is just sad after all the monies that have been put into the Barberton schools. With all the security cameras, at the school and in the area. I’m sure BPD will be able find out who did this and hold them accountable.

16. Me on January 10, 2020 at 6:21 pm

This is very sad. People suck!

17. Anonymous on January 10, 2020 at 5:24 pm

It’s crazy because I used to go to and love this school so many childhood memories and people want to try and destroy it the disrespect that some people have is atrocious

18. Karen on January 10, 2020 at 5:13 pm

Why,why,why would someone do this? What ever happened to people having morals and values and respect for others and their property. I was taught if it’s not mine don’t touch it. I’ve taught my children the same thing. This just goes to show that whoever did this has none of the above.😟😟😟

19. Jodi on January 10, 2020 at 2:08 pm

Its so very sad to see this. That’s my child’s school. Just sickens me that all the hard work to make our town look better and this is what happens. Take pride in our town. Try and make it better not worse. Who ever did this should be punished severely.

20. Anonymous on January 10, 2020 at 2:04 pm

They need post the pictures someone will kbow who it is

21. Mike on January 10, 2020 at 1:50 pm

Way to prove his comments right jackass

22. Btown Madness on January 10, 2020 at 1:44 pm

Rumor has it that they were from NORTON.

23. Btown Madness on January 10, 2020 at 1:43 pm

Good luck. BPD won’t do anything.

24. Anonymous on January 10, 2020 at 12:25 pm

That’s sad. Student council students are the ones that plant those flowers and enjoy seeing the progress.

25. Patty on January 10, 2020 at 12:18 pm

It is disgusting that people get a thrill out of doing this type of destruction. I hope BPD finds the person(s) responsible.

26. Dawg on January 10, 2020 at 11:45 am

I do believe they said all surveillance footage was turned over to police.

27. Marc on January 10, 2020 at 11:40 am

Let’s meet up Anonymous, I’ll show you Barberton trash as I’m beating you ass….

28. Walter McDonald on January 10, 2020 at 11:31 am

So we have no security camera by our schools?

29. Anonymous on January 10, 2020 at 11:20 am

Just more Barberton trash.

30. Coach on January 10, 2020 at 10:27 am

Use the water price increase money you are extorting from the peasants to fix it

31. Mr.Beast on January 10, 2020 at 10:19 am