Camp Manatoc trip is in need of funds

Barberton Middle School is asking the community to help send the seventh grade students to Camp Manatoc. Due to a lack of funds, some students might not be able to take the annual trip that began in 1978. For the full story, pick up a copy of the Jan. 16 Barberton Herald.Seventh grade students stand in front of the dining hall at Camp Manatoc during last year’s trip.

1. The speller on January 16, 2020 at 10:50 am

/the name is Camp Manatoc

2. The speller on January 16, 2020 at 10:49 am

I believe the name is Camp Manatoc

3. G.O.P. on January 16, 2020 at 9:37 am

They get enough money from me. Start managing the budget better.

#nomore

4. Harleymom on January 16, 2020 at 5:48 am

@SMH you know it! The very school system that’s allowing their youth to slap it’s citizens and veterans in the face with their disrespect. Maybe what they should be concerned about is coming up with money to hire a better class of staff and administrators. I will never give the Barberton City schools one penny for anything, ever again. I will also stop shopping, dining, purchasing fuel, or doing any other kind of business there. Do people really have to wonder why the people in this world are turning into such idiots? I’m just thankful I live in a neighboring town where that type of disrespectful behavior would not be tolerated by the very adults we trust to help instill respect in our youth.

5. Dylan on January 15, 2020 at 2:04 pm

I’m an alumni who went to Camp Manotac and also volunteered for the event later on when I was at the high school. The experience was a really great time, the lessons, the memories (the Moose/Fish), and being out in the elements made for one of the most memorable field trips throughout my academic career. It would be a shame if they stopped the event I know of a certain retired middle school history teacher who would be very sad to hear this news. On a side note through my time in college and the world I never met another person who had a field trip opportunity quite like the one that Camp Manotac offered.

6. SMH on January 15, 2020 at 12:46 pm

Barberton Schools:Hey citizens” we dont give a damn what u think!! ” Barberton Schools: “Hey citizens , got any cash for us? Citizens: