Donald Wayne Jones Jr.

After a courageous battle with cancer, Donald Wayne Jones Jr., age 57, passed away in the early hours of May 19. He went peacefully at home surrounded by his loving family. Don was born in Barberton, Sept. 6, 1962 to Donald and Henda Jones. He graduated from Barberton High School in 1980 and had a long and rewarding career at Temperature Control Maintenance, Inc. He is survived by his father Donald Jones Sr; sister Kim Jones; daughters Kristine (Kyle), Allyson, Mackenzie, and Madison Jones; childhood best friend Doug Dillon. He was preceded in death by his mother Henda Jones. Don was a jack of all trades and his work ethic was admirable. He was highly artistic and musically talented. He had a love for gardening, wood working, and teaching his daughters everything he could about life and love. Don lived vicariously through them and always said they completed his bucket list. He touched more lives than he knew and will be missed greatly by so many. Cremation has taken place and, at Don’s request, no service will be held. His family would like to extend a sincere thank you to the doctors, nurses and staff at UH Seidman Cancer Center in Wadsworth, as well as the Hospice of Western Reserve team that provided him and his family so much support and kindness in his final days. We also want to thank Steve and Jenny Saksa and his Temperature Control family for their support throughout this entire journey.

1. Pamela Hooser on May 30, 2020 at 9:18 pm

My deepest condolences to Don Sr., Kim, and to his children. I have not seen you all since the passing of my late pop Kelly and aunt Molly. I think of you often and miss you. Prayers to all.

2. Kim Jones on May 29, 2020 at 12:00 pm

I still can’t believe you are no longer here with us physically, only in my memories and dreams. So many things we did not get to do and things I won’t get to learn from you. It makes me sad but also angry and those feelings may ease over time but missing you never will. Thank God you gave me four of the strongest, kindest and most caring nieces I could have ever asked for and within them, you will always live on for me. Thank you for being my rock. Thank you for being my brother.

3. Patricia Cline on May 25, 2020 at 5:40 pm

I will truly miss my cousin Donnie.We had so many goodtimes growing up,from flash light tag, sledriding down the hill.All of us piling up in the vehicles going to the movies.Bonfires with everyone on the hill and then going up to Akron to Luigis for pizza. I have so many fond stories and memories with Donnie. RIP ALWAYS LOVE YOU CUZ!!🥀

4. Cheryl Carpenter Bell on May 24, 2020 at 12:33 am

Rest easy Donnie My Love. You will always have special place in my heart. You will be truly missed.

5. Cheryl Carpenter Bell on May 24, 2020 at 12:32 am

Rest easy Donnie,My Love. You will always have special place in my heart. You will be truly missed.

6. Kathy Rogers on May 22, 2020 at 7:42 pm

My cousin will be dearly missed. Donnie was a great guy. Always had funny stories to tell. I love you Donnie…RIP.