AKRON – The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Summit County next week, weather permitting.
Interstate 76 projects
Interstate 76 bridge deck repairs, Akron
On Monday night, Oct. 19 at 10 p.m. and continuing through Tuesday morning, Oct. 20, at 5 a.m. the following lane restrictions and ramp closures will occur:
• I-76 westbound between Arlington Road and state Route 8 will be reduced to one lane
• The ramp from Arlington Road to I-76 will be closed. A detour will be posted.
• The ramp from I-76 westbound to Inman Street will be closed. A detour will be posted.
State Route 8 projects
State Route 8 reconstruction in Cuyahoga Falls, Stow, Hudson and Boston Heights
Complete pavement replacement on State Route 8 between Graham Road and state Route 303. Estimated completion, July 2022.
• The ramp from State Route 8 southbound to State Route 303 is closed through Friday, Oct. 16 for reconstruction. The detour is state Route 8 south to Hines Hill Road to Dean Memorial Parkway to Boston Mills Road to Chittenden Road to state Route 303.
State Route 91, U.S. 224 and Canton Road widening and safety improvements, Lakemore and Springfield Township
• On Monday, Oct. 19, Arcadia Road at state Route 91 will be closed for drainage installation. The detour will be Waterloo Road to U.S. 224.